- The Historical Black Prince Sword - The Generation 2/Legacy Arms Black Prince is a Late 14th century Hand and a Half Sword (Type: XVa) - The original sword, which rests in a private collection in England, is thought to possibly be the sword of Edward the Black Prince. The Black Prince, son of Edward III and father of Richard II, was known as a great warrior. The sword was removed from its resting place during the English Civil War, Cromwell being blamed for its disappearance.
Our design features a tang that is peened onto the pommel.
* Wooden handle wrapped in leather
* blackened, solid steel pommel & cross guard
* distilled taper 33 1/4" high carbon steel blade
Overall: 43 1/4"
Blade length: 33 1/4"
Handle/Hilt length: 10"
Weight 4 lbs
Balance Point 5-1/4" Below Hilt
Blade Steel: 5160
- Note -...The blade is 3/16" high carbon spring steel with a full hefty tang. We tested it on several 2"x4"s standing up and split them with no marring on the blade. We then tested it on a 2"x4" cross ways resting on each side on a solid rest and came straight down. It did not cut all the way through but it did cut deep and again did not mar the blade or edge. We then went to the ultimate test Steel-to-SteelSM. We did 9 good blows, it nicked the blade but did not break the blade, the tang or handle in either of these tests.
Submit Rating & Review
Product Ration & Review
(0.00) # of Ratings: 0 There are no comments for this product. CLICK HERE
to be the first one to share your opinion!